Heritage Hall North
Heritage Hall North Engages Powerback for Rehabilitation Therapy Programming6/2/2022
Heritage Hall North Engages Powerback for Rehabilitation Therapy Programming
[Agawam, MA] – June 2, 2022 - Heritage Hall North, a skilled nursing facility in Agawam, MA, today announced it has begun working with national provider Powerback Rehabilitation, one of the largest rehabilitation services providers in the nation. The relationship is designed to enhance Heritage Hall North’s patient and residents' lifestyles through comprehensive rehabilitation therapy programs, technology, and services.
Powerback Rehabilitation will provide residents with on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy within the community. With rehabilitation services, patients can make appropriate recoveries and achieve maximum physical, social, and emotional independence through:
● Physical Therapy to regain strength and balance, prevent falls, increase range of motion and decrease pain.
● Occupational Therapy to safely and independently perform daily activities and adapt tasks or modify the environment to support optimal living.
● Speech Therapy to address communication problems, memory loss and swallowing dysfunction.
With Powerback Rehabilitation, Heritage Hall North will be adding new therapy capabilities to promote enhanced recovery designed to get patients back home as quickly as possible. Several new additions include:
● The addition of Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) who are certified to utilize on-site Vital Stim machines, which aids in dysphagia management.
● Diathermy, e-Stim as well as ultrasound modalities for pain management, strength/endurance training, wound management and to address tone reduction in neuro patients.
● Available in August, a new Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) unit for onsite patient evaluation with trained SLPs so patients will no longer have to return to the hospital
● A Board Certified Wound Physical Therapist to collaborate with Center wound nurses for optimal management of wounds.
● Discharge planning groups to promote home safety and reduce fall risk.
● iPads for all therapy documentation, allowing for real-time engagement in the outcomes of the patient's treatment session.
Powerback Rehabilitation will also provide three programming styles for residents: Balance In Action®, Age In Motion® and The Compass Program. Additionally, Powerback Rehabilitation To You™ services will be available to the area for post-inpatient rehabilitation needs.
● Balance In Action® is an evidence-based approach for older adults at all levels of functioning to decrease their risk of falls. Falls are the most common cause of injuries, hospital trauma admissions, and injury deaths for older adults.
● Age In Motion® helps individuals age successfully, remain active, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Community residents can participate in events and activities that promote independence and enrich daily life through the benefits of wellness in addition to the rehabilitative therapies provided on-site.
● Individuals with dementia experience memory loss, confusion, communication problems, difficulty performing familiar tasks, and changes in behavior and personality. Through The Compass Program, Powerback therapists support the preservation of one’s quality of life and encourage meaningful interactions.
● Powerback Rehabilitation To You provides outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy services in patients’ homes or out in their community, helping individuals regain the confidence to return to daily activities.
About Heritage Hall North
Heritage Hall North is a skilled nursing facility offering post-hospital, short-term rehabilitation as well as long-term and respite care services. We also have a specialized transitional care unit to facilitate recovery and return home as quickly as possible. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurances. Heritage Hall North is an AHCA Bronze Quality Award winner and is part of the Heritage Hall Health & Rehabilitation Campus, which also offers memory support and on-site dialysis in adjacent buildings. To learn more, visit www.genesishcc.com/heritagehallnorth.
Powerback, one of the largest and strongest rehabilitation organizations in the country, is a leading provider of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, respiratory therapy, and wellness services, primarily for the older adult population. Powerback partners with skilled nursing centers, assisted living facilities, independent living facilities, hospitals, home health companies, adult day care programs and outpatient clinics to provide comprehensive therapy services. Powerback is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation. Powerback delivers an empowered approach to achieving full potential by providing integrated and individualized solutions. It’s patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better, and living better, all designed to get patients back home or to their prior level of functioning as quickly as possible. For more information, visit http://www.powerbackrehab.com.
Lori Mayer 610-283-4995.