Coronavirus Updates 05/25/2021
Dear Family and Friends,
As communities start to loosen COVID-19 restrictions, we wanted to share an update on visitation guidelines. Genesis-affiliated centers are currently offering indoor visitation for all residents (regardless of vaccination status), with the exception of the three scenarios listed below. CMS, the federal agency that regulates nursing centers, has updated its visitation guidance due to high resident vaccination rates and a drop in COVID-19 cases around the country. The following are the three scenarios where indoor visits would not routinely be permitted per CMS:
- If the center’s county positivity rate is greater than 10% AND less than 70% of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated, then unvaccinated residents may not receive visits;
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, may not receive visits until they meet criteria for discontinuation of transmission-based precautions; and
- Residents in quarantine (observation), whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, may not receive visits until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
Because each center's visitation status varies, we ask that you check your center's web page to determine if the center is open to Limited Indoor Visitation or General Indoor Visitation as a starting point. Limited Indoor Visitation means that one of the three scenarios listed above are a concern and visitation is limited to certain wings or compassionate care visits only. Please contact your center directly to determine current visitation protocols and to schedule an appointment, if available. With General Indoor Visitation, centers are at different stages of opening up to visitation. In some centers, regular visiting hours have resumed, while other centers are still requiring an appointment based on community prevalence. Please contact your center directly to determine current visitation policies before traveling to the center.
We would like to thank all families and friends for their continued support of our patients and residents, and for your patience and support during this pandemic.
As a reminder, you can visit your Center’s web page for daily updates on visitation and vaccination rates at: https://www.genesishcc.com/findlocations.
- CNN Interview with Genesis Healthcare CEO, George Hager
- Waugh chapel center to convert temporary partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Genesis HealthCare’s Lisa Barlow Recognized at the White House’s National Nurses Week Event
- Powerback rehabilitation in philadelphia converts to partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Canyon transitional rehabilitation center to convert to temporary covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Powerback rehabilitation in piscataway to convert to partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Coronavirus Update 03/19/2021
- Coronavirus Update 02/10/2021
- Coronavirus Update 01/28/2021
- Coronavirus Update 11/24/2020
- Coronavirus Update 10/20/2020
- Coronavirus Update 09/14/2020
- Coronavirus Update 07/27/2020
- Coronavirus Update 06/12/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/29/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/01/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/22/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2020
- Coronavirus update 03/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update 03/25/2020
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) includes a number of provisions to provide relief to the public from issues caused by the pandemic, including price transparency for COVID -19 testing. Section 3202(b) of the CARES Act requires providers of diagnostic tests for COVID-19 to post the cash price for a COVID-19 diagnostic test on their website. These cash prices are valid during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency only. Click here to find the cash price as used in the CARES Act COVID-19 diagnostic antigen tests for individuals who seek COVID-19 testing from the Center.
We remain committed to keeping families updated about the situation at our facility, and how their loved ones are doing. Keeping families informed is our top priority.
Thank you, Dick Mackey, nephew of Virginia Bretchel, for sharing his kind words, and for Courtney Wood for sharing this fun selfie!
“Even during this time of the pandemic, I’m very happy with the care that she’s gotten. The administrator at the facility has had a Zoom call every day to keep everyone updated. The nursing home always calls me whenever there is an issue. I couldn’t be happier with the place.” – Dick Mackey, nephew of resident Virginia
- Heroes in action
- COVID+ patients leave the facility to return home
- Chester County teen cheering up nursing home residents during COVID-19 outbreak
- First responders show support for nursing home residents