Twenty-four Genesis HealthCare Centers Earn Prestigious Bronze Award for Significant Commitment To Quality Care6/25/2014
Twenty-four Genesis HealthCare Centers Earn
Prestigious Bronze Award for
Significant Commitment To Quality Care
[Kennett Square, PA] – June 25, 2014– Genesis HealthCare, one of the nation’s largest providers of skilled nursing and rehabilitation, today announced that 24 of its Centers have been recognized as recipients of the Bronze National Quality Award presented by the American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). The program honors facilities across the nation that have demonstrated their commitment to improving quality care for seniors and individuals with disabilities.
Only 390 facilities nationwide received the Bronze level award this year.
“These centers have not only successfully applied the criteria of the National Quality Award program, but have demonstrated a true commitment for improving lives through quality care,” said Ed McMahon, Ph.D., Chair of the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Board of Overseers. “I applaud and encourage this year’s recipients to continue their quality journeys.”
Implemented by AHCA/NCAL in 1996, the National Quality Award Program is centered on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. The program assists providers of long term and post-acute care services in achieving their performance excellence goals. The program has three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Centers begin the quality improvement process at the Bronze level, where they develop an organizational profile with fundamental performance elements such as vision and mission statements and an assessment of customers’ expectations. Bronze applicants must also demonstrate their ability to implement a performance improvement system. Trained Examiners review each Bronze application to determine if the center has met the demands of the criteria. As a recipient of the Bronze - Commitment to Quality Award, these 24 Genesis centers may now move forward in developing approaches and achieving performance levels that meet the criteria required for the Silver - Achievement in Quality Award.
The twenty-four Genesis facilities receiving the Bronze honor are:
• Washington Center, San Leandro, CA
• Eagle Crest (f.k.a. Carmichael Care Center and Rehabilitation), Carmichael, CA
• Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, Pomona, CA
• Elms Haven Center, Thornton, CO
• Golden Peaks Center, Fort Collins, CO
• Pueblo Center, Pueblo, CO
• St. Camillus Center, Stamford, CT
• Etowah Landing, Rome, GA
• Riverdale Center, Atlanta, GA
• Twin Falls Center, Twin Falls, ID
• Rexburg Care and Rehab Center, Rexberg, ID
• Decatur Township Center, Indianapolis, IN
• Partridge House, Hampton, NH
• Casa De Oro Center, Las Cruces, NM
• Las Palomas Center, Albuquerque, NM
• Mission Arch Center, Roswell NM
• Rio Rancho Center, Rio Rancho, NM
• Casa Del Sol Center, Las Cruces, NM
• Marietta Center, Marietta, OH
• Pawtucket Center, Pawtucket, RI
• Columbia Crest Center, Moses Lake, WA
• Lake Ridge Center, Moses Lake, WA
• Monroe House, A Senior Living Community, Moses Lake, WA
• Everett Center, Everett, WA
“At Genesis HealthCare, we are dedicated to ongoing quality improvement at each and every skilled nursing center and senior living community we operate,” notes Chief Executive Officer George V. Hager, Jr. “We are proud of the 24 facilities that earned a Bronze Award this year and encourage them to continue to strive for performance excellence.”
Genesis HealthCare is dedicated to improving the lives we touch through the delivery of high-quality healthcare and everyday compassion.
About Genesis HealthCare
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. Visit our website at www.genesishcc.com.