Franklin Woods Center
9200 Franklin Square Drive, Baltimore, MD 21237
Main Phone Number: 410-391-2600
Admissions Phone Number: 443-658-0799
Franklin Woods Center is beautifully set on 10 partially wooded landscaped acres in a suburban residential area of eastern Baltimore County, Maryland. We provide ShortStay Rehabilitation and LongTerm Care, as well as Hospice and Respite Care. We offer a variety of services, including exceptional therapy with excellence in Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy, along with an in-house Respiratory Therapist. Our state-of-the-art therapy gyms offer comprehensive recovery alternatives for those requiring Post-acute Rehabilitation. We offer semi-private and private rooms, flat-screen TVs with complimentary cable, telephones, and laundry services.
1 of 6
- ShortStay care
- LongTerm care
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation - including joint replacement, injuries and amputation
- On-site Nurse Practitioner
- Attending Physicians
- Registered Nurses
- IV Therapy
- Colostomy care
- Personal care
- Podiatry care
- Wound care
- Hospice care
- Pain management
- Dietary and nutrition needs management
- Discharge planning
- Individual treatment plans
- Heparin therapy
- Medication management
- Cultural, educational, religious and social activities
- Recreation activities
- Powerback Rehabilitation to You
- Private and Semi-Private Rooms
- Spacious rooms
- Fully air conditioned
- Individual climate control
- Activity room
- Beautiful Garden(s) / Courtyard(s)
- Conveniently Located
- Beauty Salon / Barber Services
- Cable Television
- Café with always available menu options
- Comfortable common and lounge areas to gather with friends and family
- Dining Room
- In-room dining options
- Private dining rooms for family gatherings
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Alarm system to aid in the security of residents with cognitive deficits
- Computer with internet access
- Pets Permitted
- Phone service
- Wireless Internet
- Gift/convenience shop
Brian returned to Genesis in August, 2015 after a 20 year hiatus. He has worked in the skilled nursing / long term care industry since 1977. He has been a Licensed Administrator since 1984, most recently operating Centers in Harford County. He currently serves on the Legislative and Regulatory Steering Committees for the Health Facilities Association of MD. He was raised in Parkville, and continues to reside not far from the Center in Perry Hall. He is married with two grown sons.
Dr. Ziad MirzaMedical Director
Double boarded in Internal Medicine and Hyperbaric Medicine, 25 years experience in the field of directing skilled nursing homes, Chief Medical Officer of Hyperheal Hyperbarics, a private office based wound care and hyperbaric services, member of the NIH board of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, recognized in Baltimore Magazine as Top Doctor, blessed with a wife and three kids all in graduate school related to health care delivery. Gratitude, empathy, and the love of people are my guiding principles in my career. No task is impossible to achieve with the right mind set. There are no wrong questions, only wrong answers. I have no enemies; only friends and friends to be.
Mary Kabuga, BSN, MSNDirector of Nursing
Mary Kabuga presently serves as the Director of Nursing at Genesis Healthcare. She joined Genesis in June 2021 as an interim Director before transitioning into a full time position. Prior to Genesis, Mrs. Kabuga was the Director of Nursing at Holy Hill Nursing home and Peak Healthcare at Copper Ridge. She has been a registered nurse for over 10 years. Mrs. Kabuga holds a B.S.N in Nursing from Sojourner Douglass College and recently earned a MSN certification at Chamberlain University.
Laura WeidleyDirector of Rehabilitation
- Laura has been with Powerback Rehabilitation since 2008 and has been Director of Rehabilitation since 2010. Originally from Princeton, NJ, she moved to Maryland in 2001. She received her M.S. in Occupational Therapy from Towson University and has been a practicing clinician for 10 years. She has been fortunate to be a part of Franklin Woods Center's team where a drive to provide high-quality health care and good customer service to all patients, residents and family members is a focus. Laura resides in Joppa, MD with her husband and son.
"Your nursing personnel were very professional and proficient. Also, your occupational and physical therapists were competent and friendly."
"I was very impressed with the staff and the caring they showed to other people there. The OT and PT staff were great- making therapy a treat and not a treatment! I am improving well and would tell anyone who needs rehab to come to Franklin Woods."
"My stay here was very helpful: The staff here is very knowledgeable and professional. I was here once before and I knew when I needed rehab again I only would go to Franklin Woods."
Find a Location
We understand that finding the right care for your loved one can be difficult. Now you can Chat live with an admissions specialist regarding your unique needs!