Dear Patients, Residents and Families,
Ensuring Everyone Has a Happy Holiday!
As the holidays approach, we want to make sure everyone stays healthy. Many seasonal illnesses, including influenza, make their rounds this time of year. Historically influenza has caused illness, hospitalization and death. The current year’s flu cases are rapidly increasing. Estimates from the CDC are that 78,000 people have been hospitalized, and 4,500 people have died from the flu this year. Vaccination is still the best defense against the flu virus. Likewise, vaccination is still the best defense against serious illness and death from COVID- 19. While many people believe the pandemic is behind us, the numbers tell a different story. The CDC reports that hospitalizations due to COVID- 19 were up 17% for the week ending December 3rd. The elderly continue to be at the great risk for hospitalization and death due to COVID. While the COVID- 19 vaccine does not always prevent disease, it does significantly reduce the development of serious illness and death.
- Please get vaccinated and encourage your loved ones to get their vaccine too.
- If you are sick, please wait to visit your loved one until you are better
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cough into a tissue or into your elbow
As a reminder, you can visit your Center’s web page for daily updates on visitation and vaccination rates at: https://www.genesishcc.com/findlocations.
- Coronavirus Update 12/06/2022
- Coronavirus Update 11/07/2022
- Coronavirus Update 10/04/2022
- Coronavirus Update 09/08/2022
- Coronavirus Update 07/18/2022
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2022
- Coronavirus Update 03/01/2022
- Coronavirus Update 01/28/2022
- Coronavirus Update 11/18/2021
- Coronavirus Update 10/22/2021
- Coronavirus Update 09/29/2021
- Coronavirus Update 08/02/2021
- Coronavirus Update 05/25/2021
- Coronavirus Update 03/19/2021
- Coronavirus Update 02/10/2021
- Coronavirus Update 01/28/2021
- Coronavirus Update 11/24/2020
- Coronavirus Update 10/20/2020
- Coronavirus Update 09/14/2020
- Coronavirus Update 07/27/2020
- Coronavirus Update 06/12/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/29/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/01/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/22/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2020
- Coronavirus update 03/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update 03/25/2020
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) includes a number of provisions to provide relief to the public from issues caused by the pandemic, including price transparency for COVID -19 testing. Section 3202(b) of the CARES Act requires providers of diagnostic tests for COVID-19 to post the cash price for a COVID-19 diagnostic test on their website. These cash prices are valid during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency only. Click here to find the cash price as used in the CARES Act COVID-19 diagnostic antigen tests for individuals who seek COVID-19 testing from the Center.
We remain committed to keeping families updated about the situation at our facility, and how their loved ones are doing. Keeping families informed is our top priority.
Thank you, Dick Mackey, nephew of Virginia Bretchel, for sharing his kind words, and for Courtney Wood for sharing this fun selfie!
“Even during this time of the pandemic, I’m very happy with the care that she’s gotten. The administrator at the facility has had a Zoom call every day to keep everyone updated. The nursing home always calls me whenever there is an issue. I couldn’t be happier with the place.” – Dick Mackey, nephew of resident Virginia
- Heroes in action
- COVID+ patients leave the facility to return home
- Chester County teen cheering up nursing home residents during COVID-19 outbreak
- First responders show support for nursing home residents