On June 16, 17 and 18, 2020, Genesis will honor employees who heroically provided care during the COVID-19 pandemic. On these Genesis National Employee Recognition Days, more than 350 Genesis affiliated skilled nursing and assisted living facilities across the nation will honor the incredible heroism, resolve and sacrifice of more than 50,000 frontline caregivers and workers fighting this pandemic. Regional and corporate staff have also shown extraordinary leadership, ingenuity, creativity and teamwork supporting the efforts on the ground. Despite the inconceivable challenges facing Genesis’ affiliated centers, our healthcare workers continue to provide compassionate care to frail and vulnerable seniors who have been isolated from their families and loved ones for months.
“I am extremely proud and humbled by the way our employees have risen to the occasion and the leadership role they have played with state public health officials, our peers in the community and our hospital partners,” states George V. Hager, Jr., Chief Executive Officer of Genesis. “They have improved hundreds of thousands of lives in ways that could never be measured by numbers and statistics. They have put their own personal health and safety at risk. They have earned our respect. They are true heroes.”
Genesis affiliated centers around the country will thank their healthcare workers and staff members locally through center based recognition events and donations from the community. All Genesis employees will receive red ‘Hero In Action’ t-shirts in recognition of their contributions. Each t-shirt has an icon on the sleeve remembering Mike Walker, the founder of Genesis who passed away this year.
To honor and recognize employees who have worked tirelessly to help protect the lives of those in their care, we invite patients, residents, families and loved ones of Genesis patients and residents to nominate a Healthcare Hero. We will feature some of the stories of our Healthcare Heroes on our social media accounts. Click here to nominate a Genesis hero today.
- CNN Interview with Genesis Healthcare CEO, George Hager
- Waugh chapel center to convert temporary partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Genesis HealthCare’s Lisa Barlow Recognized at the White House’s National Nurses Week Event
- Powerback rehabilitation in philadelphia converts to partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Canyon transitional rehabilitation center to convert to temporary covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Powerback rehabilitation in piscataway to convert to partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Coronavirus Update 05/29/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/01/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/22/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2020
- Coronavirus update 03/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update 03/25/2020
To honor and recognize employees who have worked tirelessly to help protect the lives of those in their care, we invite the families and loved ones of Genesis patients and residents to nominate a Healthcare Hero. We will feature some of the stories of our Healthcare Heroes on our social media accounts.
We remain committed to keeping families updated about the situation at our facility, and how their loved ones are doing. Keeping families informed is our top priority.
Thank you, Dick Mackey, nephew of Virginia Bretchel, for sharing his kind words, and for Courtney Wood for sharing this fun selfie!
“Even during this time of the pandemic, I’m very happy with the care that she’s gotten. The administrator at the facility has had a Zoom call every day to keep everyone updated. The nursing home always calls me whenever there is an issue. I couldn’t be happier with the place.” – Dick Mackey, nephew of resident Virginia
- Heroes in action
- COVID+ patients leave the facility to return home
- Chester County teen cheering up nursing home residents during COVID-19 outbreak
- First responders show support for nursing home residents