Coronavirus Updates 11/07/2022
Dear Patients, Residents and Families,
Bivalent COVID Booster & Flu Shots Now Available
As we mentioned last month, the FDA has approved the new Pfizer and Moderna Bivalent COVID Vaccines as a single booster dose. The new U.S. boosters are combination, or “bivalent,” shots. The bivalent vaccines, which are referred to as “updated boosters,” contain two variants of the COVID-19 virus, one of the original strain and the other one from omicron BA.4 and BA.5 variants. The combination aims to increase cross-protection against multiple variants.
Our pharmacy now has supply of both the bivalent vaccine and the seasonal flu shot. We are encouraging all patients, residents and staff to receive the COVID vaccine, whether a primary series vaccination or newly approved bivalent booster dose, as well as the flu shot as soon as possible. It is the best way to stop the spread of COVID and the flu, and protects our most vulnerable patients and residents. If you are interested in having your loved one receive their shots, please reach out to a member of their care team as soon as possible.
As a reminder, you can visit your Center’s web page for daily updates on visitation and vaccination rates at: https://www.genesishcc.com/findlocations.
- Coronavirus Update 10/04/2022
- Coronavirus Update 09/08/2022
- Coronavirus Update 07/18/2022
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2022
- Coronavirus Update 03/01/2022
- Coronavirus Update 01/28/2022
- Coronavirus Update 11/18/2021
- Coronavirus Update 10/22/2021
- Coronavirus Update 09/29/2021
- Coronavirus Update 08/02/2021
- Coronavirus Update 05/25/2021
- Coronavirus Update 03/19/2021
- Coronavirus Update 02/10/2021
- Coronavirus Update 01/28/2021
- Coronavirus Update 11/24/2020
- Coronavirus Update 10/20/2020
- Coronavirus Update 09/14/2020
- Coronavirus Update 07/27/2020
- Coronavirus Update 06/12/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/29/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/01/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/22/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2020
- Coronavirus update 03/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update 03/25/2020
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) includes a number of provisions to provide relief to the public from issues caused by the pandemic, including price transparency for COVID -19 testing. Section 3202(b) of the CARES Act requires providers of diagnostic tests for COVID-19 to post the cash price for a COVID-19 diagnostic test on their website. These cash prices are valid during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency only. Click here to find the cash price as used in the CARES Act COVID-19 diagnostic antigen tests for individuals who seek COVID-19 testing from the Center.
We remain committed to keeping families updated about the situation at our facility, and how their loved ones are doing. Keeping families informed is our top priority.
Thank you, Dick Mackey, nephew of Virginia Bretchel, for sharing his kind words, and for Courtney Wood for sharing this fun selfie!
“Even during this time of the pandemic, I’m very happy with the care that she’s gotten. The administrator at the facility has had a Zoom call every day to keep everyone updated. The nursing home always calls me whenever there is an issue. I couldn’t be happier with the place.” – Dick Mackey, nephew of resident Virginia
- Heroes in action
- COVID+ patients leave the facility to return home
- Chester County teen cheering up nursing home residents during COVID-19 outbreak
- First responders show support for nursing home residents