Coronavirus Updates 08/02/2021
Dear Patients, Residents and Families,
In December 2020, Genesis began vaccinating patients, residents and employees on a voluntary basis. Through communication, engagement and trust-building, we set high goals for staff vaccination without attempting to impose a requirement. We also communicated with patients, residents and families to stress the importance of receiving the vaccine. We have strongly encouraged vaccination among staff, residents and families and are proud to have achieved above average vaccination, with 85% of our patients and residents and 65% of our staff choosing to get the COVID-19 vaccine companywide.
As we all know, due to age, underlying conditions, or both, our patients and residents are at greater risk of severe illness if they contract COVID-19. This threat can be reduced significantly through universal staff vaccination. Despite vaccination rates above the national average, the growing spread of the Delta variant makes clear that we need to increase our vaccination rates substantially to better protect our patients, residents and employees. With this in mind, today Genesis announced it is adopting a universal vaccination requirement for current employees, personnel, and care partners/vendors across the Company, with compliance by August 23, 2021.
Our move to adopt universal vaccination is an incredibly important decision, and we very seriously weighed the competing concerns before proceeding down this path.While we would have greatly preferred a strictly voluntary process, our commitment to health and safety outweighs concerns about imposing a requirement. We have concluded that this approach provides the safest and most effective course of action to ensure the health and welfare of our patients, residents and staff.
We appreciate your continued support and patience as we continue to navigate this ongoing pandemic. We hope that this decision to require vaccination of staff will provide you with the highest level of confidence in the care and services we provide to you or your loved one. We also hope that you will consider getting vaccinated before visiting your loved one for their protection and yours, if you haven’t done so already.
As a reminder, you can visit your Center’s web page for daily updates on visitation and vaccination rates at: https://www.genesishcc.com/findlocations.
- CNN Interview with Genesis Healthcare CEO, George Hager
- Waugh chapel center to convert temporary partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Genesis HealthCare’s Lisa Barlow Recognized at the White House’s National Nurses Week Event
- Powerback rehabilitation in philadelphia converts to partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Canyon transitional rehabilitation center to convert to temporary covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Powerback rehabilitation in piscataway to convert to partial covid-19 rehabilitation center
- Coronavirus Update 05/25/2021
- Coronavirus Update 03/19/2021
- Coronavirus Update 02/10/2021
- Coronavirus Update 01/28/2021
- Coronavirus Update 11/24/2020
- Coronavirus Update 10/20/2020
- Coronavirus Update 09/14/2020
- Coronavirus Update 07/27/2020
- Coronavirus Update 06/12/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/29/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update 05/01/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/22/2020
- Coronavirus Update 04/08/2020
- Coronavirus update 03/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update 03/25/2020
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) includes a number of provisions to provide relief to the public from issues caused by the pandemic, including price transparency for COVID -19 testing. Section 3202(b) of the CARES Act requires providers of diagnostic tests for COVID-19 to post the cash price for a COVID-19 diagnostic test on their website. These cash prices are valid during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency only. Click here to find the cash price as used in the CARES Act COVID-19 diagnostic antigen tests for individuals who seek COVID-19 testing from the Center.
We remain committed to keeping families updated about the situation at our facility, and how their loved ones are doing. Keeping families informed is our top priority.
Thank you, Dick Mackey, nephew of Virginia Bretchel, for sharing his kind words, and for Courtney Wood for sharing this fun selfie!
“Even during this time of the pandemic, I’m very happy with the care that she’s gotten. The administrator at the facility has had a Zoom call every day to keep everyone updated. The nursing home always calls me whenever there is an issue. I couldn’t be happier with the place.” – Dick Mackey, nephew of resident Virginia
- Heroes in action
- COVID+ patients leave the facility to return home
- Chester County teen cheering up nursing home residents during COVID-19 outbreak
- First responders show support for nursing home residents